Exploring Renewable Energy Financing in Bulgaria: A Two-Part Webinar Series by BOYANOV & Co. and Allen & Overy
As part of the series of seminars of the Academy for Partners of BOYANOV & Co., we are pleased to invite you to a special event organised jointly with our colleagues from the international law firm Allen & Overy. This will be a two-stage seminar that will be held online on November 23 and December 7, 2023, at 16.00 on the Teams platform. The working language will be English.
The topic will be: Navigating the Legal Landscape of Renewable Energy Financings in Bulgaria
As the EU has set its goal on a minimum 42.5% (with an aim of reaching 45%) share of electricity produced from renewable energy sources by 2030, Bulgaria is aligning by increasing the number of new renewable energy projects. This surge in green initiatives has led to a corresponding rise in financing for such projects.
Join us in this webinar as we delve into the key legal aspects of financing renewable energy projects in Bulgaria. We’ll cover a range of topics including:
Part I (23 November 2023):
- The roadmap and milestones of a renewable energy project: What’s new in the latest amendments to the Energy Act?
- An overview of the key project documents.
- Legal due diligence: How to avoid common pitfalls.
- The role of long-term power purchase agreements (PPAs): A look at the main legal aspects of a PPA.
Part II (& December 2023):
- A look at the typical lenders and security packages in renewable energy projects.
- Common financial and business covenants and undertakings.
- Regulatory aspects of energy to consider.
- The role of a security agent in holding the security.
- Understanding subordination and intercreditor agreements.
- An insight into lenders’ decision-making processes.
- Miscellaneous topics.
Our esteemed panel of speakers for the webinar includes partners from Boyanov & Co., who lead the firm’s practices in energy law, real estate and construction, and banking & finance.
We are also privileged to have on board leading finance lawyers from Central and Eastern Europe, representing Allen & Overy.
Equip yourself with the knowledge to navigate the legal landscape of renewable energy financing in Bulgaria. Join us for an enlightening discussion!